Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Resolutions for 2013

I'm a person who really likes New Year and making new years resolutions.  I love to reflect on my life and learn from it and try to do better.  I agree with everyone who says that you shouldn't wait till the new year to change your life and I agree with that, but really all in all I have a great life and so the new year is the perfect opportunity to make some goals and reflect on the goals I had last year.  The only problem is last year I didn't make them.... or I at least didn't record them in the blog.  So I can't really reflect on them... but here are some goals for 2013.

1. Read 12 books.  Which at first I thought was not very many, but when I looked at how many I had read the last two year (5 and 6), 12 seems like a really good goal.  It's one a month.  I hope to blog about most of them too. 

2. Go to 5 new places this year.  I already have 3 on the agenda: San Diego, Prince George and St. John's Newfoundland.  So I think two more should be do-able.  Maybe we could go to Jasper or Seattle.  Last year we went to two Puerto Vallarta and Spokane/The Gorge, and it reminded me how much I enjoy discovering new places.  And I like to add stars to our map of the world.  =)

3. Focus more on what I do have and not what I don't have.  Of course this is something I believe in my head whole hearty, but it's something I've had trouble practicing in my heart.  Whether it's material things or not, I need to work on being happy with this excellent life I have and being happy for others and not wishing for what they have. 

This year Nathan also starts kindergarten this year and Lucas grade 3.  I'd like to put a waterfall in the backyard.  But other then that I hope 2013 is pretty similar to 2012.  It was a happy and healthy year.  I did lots of fun things and had new adventures and I hope to continue that. 

Till Next Time

Jenn

3 comments:

Goofball said...

Happy New Year! May 2013 be a great one!


Always welcome to explore Leuven as a new place as well :)

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Jenn!
Focusing on material things less is a great goal, I might have to copy you ;)

Lori Aitken said...

One book a month...great idea! I tend to read in fits and starts but I think I might be able to join you on that goal. I've got one book on the go already and I'll read the one you gave me next.
Oh, and if you're going east, consider Halifax and Cape Breton. I loved Halifax and Paul said some of the friendliest people he's ever met are in Cape Breton.

Love,
Lori